Welcome to the GBHS Class of 1986 Website
$1,500 Scholarship Recipient- 2012
Our Community Service Project for the 25-year Class Reunion was to raise $1,500 for the Jason P. Briody Scholarship at the high school. We are fortunate to have very kind and generous people in our graduating class. We had no problem reaching this goal with a silent auction and charitable contributions.
Per Julie Grant: "Mark Winter and I had the honor and privilege of presenting the Jason P. Briody Scholarship to an amazing senior by the name of Michal Li on May 17, 2012. The Class of 1986 can be proud that through the scholarship we were able to contribute some financial help to someone who is ready to go out and change the world... and who just might do it!!! In addition to the award we presented to him, he received 4 others, including the Robert Tartoni Scholarship, as well as NHS honors. Michael will be entering an accelerated 7-year M.D. program in the fall and plans to go into biomedical engineering. Oh! And he teaches piano to kids and plays piano in nursing homes in his spare time (when Michael is not keeping up his 4.0+ GPA in all honors/AP classes). Stellar kid!!! I'm sure Jason would approve! Many thanks to all who contributed. Let's do it again next year!!!
Per Michelle Cherveny-Shook: "
The GBHS Class of '86 25-Year Reunion Planning Committee would like to thank EVERY BOBCAT who participated in our silver anniversary event on July 22, 2011 at Genesys Banquet and Conference Center... those who purchased tickets, those who couldn't attend yet sent in contributions to the Jason P. Briody Scholarship, those who couldn't attend but did a "cheer" at 9:00 p.m. or later the day of the event, and those quietly, confident Bobcats who merely kept us in their thoughts. Thank you ALL !
We had a respectable turn out with 25% of the class we could find attending. We had photo albums, picture posters, yearbooks, senior night memorabilia, stories, laughter, dinner, dancing, and most important: FUN! Pictures of the evening can be found in the photo gallery of this website or on our class Facebook page. Feel free to upload pictures of your own to either site. We'd love to see them.
We hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as we did. We look forward to serving you again at the 30-year class reunion.
The GBHS Class of '86 Planning Committee
1) If you attended this year's event and would like to provide a testimonial to encourage others to attend the 30-year reunion, please leave a post in the "News" tab above.
2) If you have ideas or suggestions for when and where to have the 30-year reunion, please post comments in the "News" tab above.
3) If you have information that pertains to your fellow Bobcats that you'd like to share, please keep us informed by writing posts on our FB page or by sending information to Susan Snell Allen to post on our websites at email@example.com
4) If you have a change of address/phone/e-mail, etc... please keep us informed. Send updated contact information to Julie Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) If you come across an '86 Bobcat who is on our search list below, please get their contact information and forward along to Julie Grant at email@example.com
6) If you are aware of the death of an '86 Bobcat, please keep us informed. Again, contact Julie Grant. NOTE: We have been unsuccessful at our attempts to track down Steve Thompson's obituary or family members. If you have information on either, please contact Julie Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have some outstanding news to share with the class:
The GBHS Class of 1986 EXCEEDED their goal of raising $1,000 for the Jason P. Briody Memorial Scholarship at the 25-year reunion by raising an actual grand total of $1,415!!!
Many thanks to all who participated for your support and generosity. It's appreciated.
We will be accepting donations to the scholarship through August 15, 2011. If you are interested in donating to the scholarship, please write out a check made payable to "GBHS Class of 1986" On the memo line of the check, write "scholarship donation."
Then, mail your check to:
Michelle (Cherveny) Shook RE: Scholarship Donation 328 Rust Park Dr. Grand Blanc, MI 48439
Look for a Facebook page to be created in the near future to facilitate continued support of the scholarship year round.
We encourage you to reconnect with GBHS Class of '86 classmates by joining our Facebook group at:
1) Grand Blanc High School Class of 1986 at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=156870018360
You can find us on the official GBHS Alumni website at: http://1986.grandblanc.alumni.schoolfusion.us